In order to achieve the best working life in Europe, it is important to develop and invest in the following areas at workplaces:
Innovation and productivity require
• a culture that supports reform
• making use of new technology and a simultaneous reform of practices
• involving personnel in development activities
Increasing trust and
• practices based on mutual respect, openness and reciprocity.
• a culture and structures that strengthen trust
• extensive and proactive cooperation.
Health and wellbeing at work are based
on the fact that
• work will generate wellbeing for employees
• work is meaningful and target-oriented
• changes are manageable and support is available in change situations
A competent workforce is the result of
• continuous competence development
• management of personnel resources
• cooperation between education and working life
If these factors are combined in a balanced way at workplaces, the quality and
productivity of working life will improve.